Dean of Men
FBBC&TS is seeking to employ an individual to serve as a full-time Dean of Men. To supervise the male students and contribute to their spiritual, social, and academic development so that their attitudes and actions will honor Christ and uphold the objectives of Faith Baptist Bible College. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor male Deepen Group Leaders.
- Mentor male RAs.
- Assist with Chapels
- Help facilitate discipleship and Biblical counseling for all male students.
- Help provide oversight and management of the male dormitories.
- Assist in facilitating student activities and campus wide events.
- Assist in updating the Student Handbook and helping students understand and follow policies.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive library of counseling resources.
- Assist the Dean the Students in other areas of Student life.
- This position has direct responsibility for the Deepen Group Leaders, bi-weekly meetings with the RAs, some Chapel tasks, as well as general oversight for all male students.
Privileges and Accountability
- This position is classified as professional staff and will be entitled to the corresponding benefits as outlined in the benefits plan.
- This position has access to medical, disciplinary, family, academic, and counseling information about students.
- This position has access to security cameras.
- This position is directly responsible to the Dean of Students and indirectly responsible to the Executive Vice President.
- This position has high access to confidential information.
- Before placing a person in this position, a background check is require
Dean of Men
December 22, 2023
Convictions and Character/Religious Qualifications
FBBC&TS seeks to maintain its theological and ecclesiastical identity as a Baptist institution of higher education. Therefore, we seek only to employ faculty whose beliefs, lifestyle, and convictions align with FBBC&TS’s religious positions. As such, all applicants must meet the following expectations:
- Applicants must agree without mental reservation with FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Applicants must be Baptists in their beliefs and practice.
- Applicants must adhere to Biblical standards of morality and living.
- Applicants and/or their spouses must not be or ever have been divorced.
- Carefully read the FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Complete and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your resume and/or curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
- Complete the Predictive Index Assessment.
For additional information, please contact the Faith Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of God’s Word and its application to life, along with the ability to communicate it with men effectively both one-on-one and in large group settings.
- A genuine love for people and a strong desire to disciple and help men grow to know and love God, His Word, and others more.
- The ability to communicate and work well with multiple groups of people, including both students and other employees.
- Strong organizational skills in helping plan events, coordinate student activities, train student leaders, and in knowing/encouraging specific students.
- A high degree of independent decision-making skills based on standard procedures and internal policies.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a counseling or ministry related field.
- A 2 or 4-year college degree or equivalent is recommended.
- Graduate work in counseling and/or education is recommended.
ADA Related Requirements
Seeing and hearing: Read documents, computer screen, answer phone, communicate in person
Standing and walking
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, and lifting
Dexterity: Utilize phone, typing, and writing
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.