Director of Dining Services
Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary is seeking to employ a qualified individual for the Director of Dining Services position. This position will remain open until filled.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position, and the individual will be responsible to plan, organize and supervise the activities of the Campus Dining, Twigs coffee shop, and Catering divisions of the college. The position will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, and supervising a staff of a few full-time and primarily student workers. The employee shall manifest a Christ-like spirit in all aspects of the job.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the purchasing of all food, chemicals, and food-related supplies for Dining Services.
- Responsible for the accurate receiving, reporting, and accounting of invoices and monies received by the department.
- Supervises and maintains the general business procedures and business relationships of Dining Services both on-campus and externally.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation requirements in accordance with the State of Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals and the current Iowa Code.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Dining Service budget in conjunction with the Executive Vice President and CFO, exercising control of expenditures within the budget.
- Responsible for the repair and replacement of all Dining Service equipment with the approval from the Executive Vice President and the CFO.
- Responsible for overseeing all food preparation, presentation, and service.
- Responsible for procuring and maintaining information relevant to accreditation including, but not limited to, surveys, customer satisfaction ratings, and customer requests.
- Responsible for oversight and inputting the financial side of our dining access system.
- Responsible for training, directing, and supervising the personnel in each area of the Dining Service department, including four direct reports and approximately 30-35 student employees.
Director of Dining Services
October 13, 2021
Convictions and Character/Religious Qualifications
FBBC&TS seeks to maintain its theological and ecclesiastical identity as a fundamental Baptist institution of higher education. Therefore, we seek only to employ faculty whose beliefs, lifestyle, and convictions align with FBBC&TS’s religious positions. As such, all applicants must meet the following expectations:
- Applicants must agree without mental reservation with FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Applicants must be fundamental Baptists in their beliefs and practice.
- Applicants must adhere to biblical standards of morality and living.
- Applicants and/or their spouses must not be or ever have been divorced.
- Carefully read FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Complete and submit your application to email@example.com.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Qualifications and Areas of Proficiency
- 4-6 years Dining Service experience or an equivalent combination of education, culinary training, or experience.
- ServSafe Manager™ Certification required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be a team player who is good at multitasking.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner providing excellent customer service to students, other employees, and other stakeholders of the college.
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate food production and catering skills.
- Organizational ability with regard to the following: Strategic planning, maintenance of paperwork, and evaluation materials, etc.
- Knowledge and skill to operate computer programs (MS Word, Excel, Chef Tec, etc. and the Point of Service (POS).
- Mathematical skills related to food production, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends, and holidays as required.