Twigs Coffee Shop Manager
FBBC&TS Dining Services is seeking to fill a part-time manager position in Twigs. This position is to provide management and supervision to the Twigs coffee shop and convenience area during the academic year, with the possibility of work in the summer during the different events that Faith hosts on campus. The employee shall manifest a Christlike spirit in all aspects of the job. Hours will be 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of Twigs, with oversight from the Director of Dining Services.
- Create, train, and maintain a staff of student employees to cover required hours who will:
- Serve customers quickly, efficiently, and kindly.
- Prepare coffee and specialty drinks and cleaning of equipment.
- Collect payment from customers and balance sales at end of the day.
- Correctly store and account for incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Maintain a clean work environment in Twigs and the surrounding area in the student center.
- Manage the coffee shop with integrity.
- Open and provide for the closing of Twigs according to the provided checklists.
- Be in communication with the Director of Dining Services about the various needs of the coffee shop.
- Other duties as assigned.
Twigs Coffee Shop Manager
April 11, 2022
Convictions and Character/Religious Qualifications
FBBC&TS seeks to maintain its theological and ecclesiastical identity as a Baptist institution of higher education. Therefore, we seek only to employ faculty whose beliefs, lifestyle, and convictions align with FBBC&TS’s religious positions. As such, all applicants must meet the following expectations:
- Applicants must agree without mental reservation with FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Applicants must be Baptists in their beliefs and practice.
- Applicants must adhere to Biblical standards of morality and living.
- Applicants and/or their spouses must not be or ever have been divorced.
- Carefully read FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Complete and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your resume to email@example.com.
- Complete the Predictive Index Assessment.
For additional information, contact:
Incoming Director, FBBC&TS Dining Services
515.964.0601 Ext. 259
Education and Experience
- Preferred previous experience in management, sales, and customer service.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and excellent customer service with students and other employees.
- Self-starter with excellent work ethic.
- Either currently has or will obtain ServSafe™ certification within three months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of different coffee and specialty drinks.
- Ability to run the coffee equipment safely according to the provided regulations.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift (up to 35# without help), stretch, grab, bend, and move without additional support.
- Ability to organize and see beyond the obvious.
- Ability to work alone or possibly with college-age student employees.
- Must have reliable transportation.