Fall Scholarship Weekend
Why come to Scholarship Weekend?
Faith’s fall Scholarship Weekend is an exclusive opportunity for high school seniors and transfer students, who have applied to Faith for 2022, to visit campus and interview for thousands of dollars in institutional scholarships. When you attend Scholarship Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Visit classes and chapel.
- Interview for scholarships.
- Participate in an Academic Degree Overview.
- Attend a Financial Aid Seminar.
- Get to know future professors and classmates!
There are several housing options for this fall’s event including:
- On-campus guest apartments: These fully-furnished apartments are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Cost: $60/night. For reservations, contact Guest Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-422-5688.
- Staff housing: Several faculty and staff families would love to host Scholarship Weekend guests in their homes. Contact Guest Relations at email@example.com or 515-422-5688 to take advantage of this complimentary housing option.
- Hotels: Check out area hotels offering our guests discounted rates.
- Sleep Inn and Suites, Ankeny, $85 Standard Room (two queens or one king); $95 King Suite (515) 964-5909
- Comfort Inn, Ankeny, $89.99 plus taxes for a King/Double Queen Room (515) 963-1100
- Homewood Suites, Ankeny, $115 for a Studio Suite (515) 963-0006
By attending Scholarship Weekend, individuals are agreeing that you and anyone in your party:
- have not had a persistent, dry cough.
- have not had a headache.
- have not been diagnosed with or had contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- do not have a NEW loss of taste or smell.
- will take each person’s temperature before arriving to verify the absence of a fever (in excess of 100.4º).
Masks will be optional, not required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to attend?
You are eligible to attend if you:
- Are a high school senior in the 2021-22 school year or a transfer student
- Have applied to Faith as a full-time college student for the Spring or Fall semester 2022
- Have completed your college application. Submit your application here.
Register for Scholarship Weekend. (Registration closes November 7, 2021) Register Here.
If I haven’t made my college decision yet, should I still attend Scholarship Weekend?
Absolutely! If you’re still deciding where to attend college next year, Scholarship Weekend is an ideal time for you to visit campus. We encourage you to use the weekend to get to know Faith — to meet our leadership and students, to experience campus life, to consider scholarships and finances, and to really experience the heart of Faith.
Should parents attend?
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend Scholarship Weekend with their student as this is an ideal time for parents to get to know Faith as well. Parents are welcome to attend classes, chapel, meals, and activities with their student. Students are also welcome to attend alone, however. Informative sessions on Friday will focus on college finances and will be beneficial to both students and parents.
What should I expect in my interview?
Interviews are designed to learn more about the student’s plans as they feel God may be leading them as well as their academic achievements, leadership opportunities, church involvement, and personal spiritual growth. Interviews are also an opportunity for the student to share why they want to attend Faith.
When will I receive my Financial Aid Package?
All applicants will be awarded financial aid once they have completed the following scholarship process:
- Interview for scholarships
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to Faith
- Complete your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using Faith’s school code 007121
You do not need to have completed your ACT/SAT or your FAFSA in order to attend Scholarship Weekend. However, it is required in order to be awarded a scholarship package.
For more details on the scholarship process and the types of aid available, visit our financial aid page.
Is there FAFSA and Financial Aid assistance available?
If completing the FAFSA baffles you, or if you have questions about financial aid, loans, or anything else related to your unique situation, you are not alone! There are a couple of ways that we hope to provide assistance.
- There will be a very helpful, informative session on college finances with our Financial Aid Director, Alice Bunjer Friday at 10:00 AM. She will walk you through the ins and outs of college finances and answer some questions.
Mrs. Bunjer will also be available Friday afternoon to answer questions and provide assistance with filling out your FAFSA. If you do plan to fill out your FAFSA at the event, please be sure to bring:
- Social security numbers for the student and both parents
- 2020 tax documents
- Student’s Driver’s License Number
- Checking/Savings Account Balances
If you have questions and would like her assistance before the event, Mrs. Bunjer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-422-5606, and she is happy to answer any questions you may have!
What should I bring?
- Casual clothes for Thursday evening and free-time
- Business casual clothing for class, chapel, interviews, and Friday evening’s banquet
- Bible, notepad, and pen for classes and chapel
- Optional spending money for coffee shop & bookstore
What should I wear?
- Thursday evening will be casual, so feel free to dress comfortably.
- Friday, the encouraged dress for most activities on the schedule will be business casual (Men: dress pants and a collared shirt; women: dress pants or skirt and a nice shirt).
What if I’m unable to attend Fall Scholarship Weekend?
- Spring Scholarship Weekend will be March 31 – April 1, 2022. Keep an eye out for more details on our website.
You can also register for a Virtual Scholarship Interview the week of November 15-19, 2021.
For more information on either of these options, please contact Guest Relations at email@example.com or 515-422-5688. You are also invited to come for your own personal visit. We are so thankful for what God is doing here at Faith, and we would love for you to experience our campus by coming for a personalized visit. Take a tour of campus, hang out with our students, sit in on class and chapel, and meet faculty. Schedule your visit today!
(Subject to updates)
Thursday, November 11, 2021
6:30 – 7:00 PM
Arrival & Check-in
(Nettleton Center Foyer)
7:00 – 7:30 PM
7:30 – 9:00 PM
Friday, November 12, 2021
7:30 – 8:45 AM
Grab & Go Breakfast
8:00 – 11:50 AM
9:00 – 9:50 AM
10:00 – 10:50 AM
College Finances 101
12:00 – 1:00 PM
1:15 – 1:45 PM
2:00 – 4:00 PM
FAFSA & Financial Aid Assistance Available
2:00 – 5:00 PM
2:30 – 2:45 PM
Campus Tour #1
3:00– 3:45 PM
Campus Tour #2