Fall Scholarship Weekend
Why come to Scholarship Weekend?
Faith’s Fall Scholarship Weekend is an exclusive opportunity for high school seniors and transfer students, who have applied to Faith for Fall 2021, to visit campus and interview for thousands of dollars in institutional scholarships. When you attend Scholarship Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Visit classes and chapel
- Interview for scholarships
- Participate in an Academic Overview
- Meet with coaches
- Attend a Financial Aid Seminar
- Apply for scholarships exclusively for Scholarship Weekend participants
- Get to know future classmates!
If I haven’t made my college decision yet, should I still attend Scholarship Weekend?
Absolutely! If you’re still deciding where to attend college next year, Scholarship Weekend is an ideal time for you to visit campus. We encourage you to use the weekend to get to know Faith — to meet our leadership and students, to experience campus life, to consider scholarships and finances, and to really catch the heart of Faith.
You are eligible to attend if you:
- Are a high school senior in the 2020-21 school year or a transfer student
- Plan to enroll as a full-time college student in Fall 2021
- Have completed your college application. Submit your application here.
- Register for Scholarship Weekend. (Registration closes November 8, 2020)
We encourage parents to join us for the weekend, but students are also welcome to attend alone. Informative sessions on Friday will focus on college finances and will be beneficial to both students and parents.
All applicants will be awarded financial aid once they have completed the following scholarship process:
- Interview for scholarships
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to Faith
- Complete your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using Faith’s school code 007121
You do not need to have completed your ACT/SAT in order to attend the weekend. However, it is required in order to be awarded a scholarship package.
For more details on the scholarship process and the types of aid available, visit our financial aid page.
Interviews are designed to learn more about the students’ plans as they feel God may be leading them as well as their academic achievements, leadership opportunities, church involvement, and personal spiritual growth. Interviews are also an opportunity for the students to share why they want to attend Faith.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend Scholarship Weekend with their student as this is an ideal time for parents to get to know Faith as well. Parents are welcome to attend classes, chapel, meals, and activities with their student.
What to bring
- Business casual clothing for class, chapel, interviews, and Friday evening’s concert
- Casual clothes for free-time
- Bible, notepad, and pen for classes and chapel
- Optional spending money for coffee shop & bookstore
In an effort to protect the health of our students and guests, we are unable to host guests overnight in our dorms. Housing options for this fall’s event include:
- On-campus guest apartments: These fully-furnished apartments are available on a first come, first served basis. Cost: $60/night For reservations, contact Nikki at email@example.com or 515-422-5688.
- Staff housing: Several faculty and staff families would love to host Scholarship Weekend guests in their homes. Contact Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-422-5688 to take advantage of this complimentary housing option.
- Hotels: Check out area hotels offering our guests discounted rates.
- Sleep Inn and Suites, Ankeny, $85 Standard Room (two queens or one king); $95 King Suite. Book here or call (515) 964-5909
- Comfort Inn, Ankeny, $89.99 plus taxes for a King/Double Queen Room (515) 963-1100
- Homewood Suites, Ankeny, $115 for a Studio Suite, Call (515) 963-0006
Health and Distancing Guidelines
In order to attend Fall Scholarship Weekend, each registrant will give a verbal confirmation upon arrival of the following:
- I do not have any Covid-related symptoms (cough, headache, fever, new loss of taste/smell)
- I have not been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid in the previous 14 days
- Each registrant will have his/her temperature checked upon arrival.
- Registrants who cannot give confirmation of the above or who have a fever in excess of 99.9-degrees will be unable to participate in this event and may be eligible for a full refund.
- Masks are not required, but attendees are welcome to wear one if they choose.
If you would like more information on the health precautions Faith is taking, please visit the Flight Path page on our website.
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
(Subject to Change)
Thursday, November 12, 2020
6:45 – 7:30 PM
Arrival & Check-in
Thanksgiving Concert Dress Rehearsal (Open for Guests)
Volleyball/Soccer Meet the Coaches
Eat-n-Greet with our Student Leaders
Friday, November 13, 2020
7:00 – 11:50 AM
College Finances 101
12:00 – 1:00 PM
Pizza with the President
2:00 – 5:00 PM
FAFSA & Financial Aid Assistance Available
Campus Tour #1
2:00 – 2:30 PM
Basketball Meet the Coaches
3:30– 4:15 PM
Campus Tour #2
Saturday, November 14, 2020
Campus Tour #3/Grab & Go Breakfast
Signup will be available at Friday evening dinner.
Unable to attend our Fall Scholarship Weekend?
We would love to have you join us for our Virtual Scholarship Week November 16-20, 2020, or our Spring Scholarship Weekend April 8-10, 2021. For more information on these events, please contact Nikki Kephart.
You are also invited to come for your own personal visit. We are so thankful for what God is doing here at Faith, and we would love for you to experience our campus by coming for a personalized visit. Take a tour of campus, hang out with our students, sit in on class and chapel, and meet faculty.