Spring Scholarship Weekend
Why come to Scholarship Weekend?
Faith’s Spring Scholarship Weekend is an exclusive opportunity for high school seniors and transfer students, who have applied to Faith for Fall 2021, to visit campus and interview for thousands of dollars in institutional scholarships. When you attend Scholarship Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Visit classes and chapel
- Interview for scholarships
- Participate in an Academic Overview
- Meet coaches and participate in open gyms
- Attend a Financial Aid Seminar
- Get to know future classmates!
If I haven’t made my college decision yet, should I still attend Scholarship Weekend?
Absolutely! If you’re still deciding where to attend college next year, Scholarship Weekend is an ideal time for you to visit campus. We encourage you to use the weekend to get to know Faith—to meet our leadership and students, to experience campus life, to consider scholarships and finances, and to really experience the heart of Faith.
You are eligible to attend if you:
- Are a high school senior in the 2020-21 school year or a transfer student
- Plan to enroll as a full-time college student in Fall 2021
- Have completed your college application. Submit your application here.
- Register for Scholarship Weekend. (Registration closes April 4, 2021) Register Here.
We encourage parents to join us for the weekend, but students are also welcome to attend alone. Informative sessions on Friday will focus on college finances and will be beneficial to both students and parents.
All applicants will be awarded financial aid once they have completed the following scholarship process:
- Interview for scholarships
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to Faith
- Complete your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using Faith’s school code 007121
You do not need to have completed your ACT/SAT or your FAFSA in order to attend the weekend. However, it is required in order to be awarded a scholarship package.
For more details on the scholarship process and the types of aid available, visit our financial aid page.
Interviews are designed to learn more about the student’s plans as he feels God may be leading him as well as his academic achievements, leadership opportunities, church involvement, and personal spiritual growth. Interviews are also an opportunity for the student to share why they want to attend Faith.
When you register for Scholarship Weekend, if you indicate that you are interested in a sport, you will have the opportunity to meet our coaches and participate in an open gym with some of our athletes.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend Scholarship Weekend with their student as this is an ideal time for parents to get to know Faith as well. Parents are welcome to attend classes, chapel, meals, and activities with their student.
What to bring
- Business casual clothing for class, chapel, interviews, and Friday evening’s concert
- Casual clothes for Thursday evening and free-time
- Athletic gear if participating in any open gyms
- Bible, notepad, and pen for classes and chapel
- Optional spending money for coffee shop & bookstore
In an effort to protect the health of our students and guests, we are unable to host guests overnight in our dorms. Housing options for this fall’s event include:
- On-campus guest apartments: These fully-furnished apartments are available on a first come, first served basis. Cost: $60/night
For reservations, contact Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-422-5688.
- Staff housing: Several faculty and staff families would love to host Scholarship Weekend guests in their homes. Contact Nikki at email@example.com or 515-422-5688 to take advantage of this complimentary housing option.
- Hotels: Check out area hotels offering our guests discounted rates.
- Sleep Inn and Suites, Ankeny, $85 Standard Room (two queens or one king); $95 King Suite (515) 964-5909
- Comfort Inn, Ankeny, $89.99 plus taxes for a King/Double Queen Room (515) 963-1100
- Homewood Suites, Ankeny, $115 for a Studio Suite (515) 963-0006
Health and Distancing Guidelines
In order to attend Fall Visitors’ Weekend and FaithFest, each registrant will give a verbal confirmation upon arrival of the following:
- I do not have any Covid-related symptoms (cough, headache, fever, new loss of taste/smell)
- I have not been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid in the previous 14 days
- Each registrant will have his/her temperature checked upon arrival.
- Registrants who cannot give confirmation of the above or who have a fever in excess of 99.9-degrees will be unable to participate in this event and may be eligible for a full refund.
- Due to current state mandates, we are requiring masks to be worn in groups of 15 or larger. This would include sessions and some of the classes. As you know, these regulations can change quickly. We will keep the information provided here current and we will keep Scholarship Weekend registrants informed on any updates to these requirements.
If you would like more information on the health precautions Faith is taking, please visit the Student Flight Path page on our website. Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
(Subject to updates)
Thursday, April 8, 2021
6:30 – 7:00 PM
Arrival & Check-in
7:00 – 7:30 PM
Welcome Session & Student Leaders
7:30 – 9:30 PM
7:45 – 8:30 PM
Women's Soccer Open Gym
8:30 – 9:15 PM
Men's Soccer Open Gym
Friday, April 9, 2021
7:30 – 8:45 AM
Grab & Go Breakfast
8:00 – 11:50 AM
9:00 – 9:50 AM
10:00 – 10:50 AM
College Finances 101
12:00 – 1:00 PM
Pizza with the President
1:15 – 1:45 PM
2:00 – 2:45 PM
2:45 – 3:30 PM
3:30 – 4:15 PM
2:00 – 2:45 PM
Campus Tour #1
2:00 – 4:00 PM
Financial Aid Assistance Available
2:00 – 5:00 PM
3:30 – 4:15 PM
Campus Tour #2
Evening of Classics Concert
Unable to attend our Spring Scholarship Weekend?
Register for a Virtual Scholarship Interview the week of April 12-16, 2021. For more information, please contact Guest Relations Coordinator, Nikki Kephart, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-422-5688. You are also invited to come for your own personal visit. We are so thankful for what God is doing here at Faith, and we would love for you to experience our campus by coming for a personalized visit. Take a tour of campus, hang out with our students, sit in on class and chapel, and meet faculty. Schedule your visit today!