Title IX Policy
What is Title IX?
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Where to go for help…
If you would like to talk to someone about an incident that happened to you or another student, there are several options for you. But it is important that you understand the difference between confidential listeners and mandatory reporters. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE…
These are individuals, agencies, and organizations external to FBBC&TS who are not required to report sexual misconduct issues to the Title IX Coordinator.
1. Counseling Services
- Association of Certified Biblical Counselors: Dave Knudson, Director – 515-635-5465
- Women’s Counseling Services: Dr. Betsy Love – 515-707-2222
2. Health Services
- Sexual Violence Assault and Domestic Services Hotline – 877-995-5247
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 800-656-4673
These are individuals who are employed by FBBC&TS—all faculty, staff, and administration. They are required to report all incidents of sexual misconduct to the Title IX Coordinator.
Both types of resources will help you when facing the aftermath of experiencing or witnessing an incident of sexual misconduct. We love you and are here to help you achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Title IX Personnel
- Faith Taylor, Title IX Coordinator – Email Faith
- Terry Waltersdorf, Title IX Investigator – Email Terry
- Charlie Carter, Deputy Coordinator – Email Charlie
- Rachel Palma, Deputy Coordinator – Email Rachel
Retaliation against a person who made a report or complaint of sexual harassment, assisted, or participated in any manner in an investigation or resolution of a sexual harassment report or complaint is strictly prohibited. Retaliation includes threats, coercion, discrimination, intimidation, reprisals, and/or adverse actions related to employment or education. Any individual who believes they have been retaliated against in violation of this Policy should immediately contact the FBBC&TS Title IX Coordinator.