Title IX Policy
What is Title IX?
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Where to go for help…
If you would like to talk to someone about an incident that happened to you or another student, there are several options for you. But it is important that you understand the difference between confidential listeners and mandatory reporters. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE…
These are individuals, agencies, and organizations external to FBBC&TS who are not required to report sexual misconduct issues to the Title IX Coordinator.
1. Counseling Services
- Association of Certified Biblical Counselors: Dave Knudson, Director – 515-635-5465
- Women’s Counseling Services: Dr. Betsy Love – 515-707-2222
2. Health Services
- Mercy North – 515-643-8100
- Unity Point Clinic – 515-965-4664
- The Iowa Clinic – 515-875-9000
- Sexual Violence Assault and Domestic Services Hotline – 877-995-5247
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 800-656-4673
Employee Reporting of Sexual Harassment
All faculty, staff, and administration of FBBC&TS are required to report all incidents of potential sexual harassment that they witness or of which they become aware to the College’s Title IX leadership team.
Title IX Personnel
- Faith Taylor, Title IX Coordinator – Email Faith
- Charlie Carter, Deputy Coordinator – Email Charlie
- Rachel Palma, Deputy Coordinator – Email Rachel
- Terry Waltersdorf, Title IX Investigator – Email Terry
- Hearing Panel Members
- Paul Bray
- Karis Cole
- Noah Kephart
Title IX Team Training Materials
Retaliation against a person who made a report or complaint of sexual harassment, assisted, or participated in any manner in an investigation or resolution of a sexual harassment report or complaint is strictly prohibited. Retaliation includes threats, coercion, discrimination, intimidation, reprisals, and/or adverse actions related to employment or education. Any individual who believes they have been retaliated against in violation of this Policy should immediately contact the FBBC&TS Title IX Coordinator.
View Our Complete Title IX Policy