Fall Semester Update; Faith Prepares for the Return of Students
August 9, 2021
ANKENY, Iowa—Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary (FBBC&TS) is excited to welcome back students for the 2021 fall semester. The fall academic calendar will resume its “traditional” model, with the Festival of Carols returning to its regular time after Thanksgiving (December 3, 4) and Finals Week occurring December 7-10. Christmas Break begins December 11 and runs through January 9, 2022.
Students will return to campus in a phased approach, beginning Tuesday, August 10, with the arrival of Dining Services employees. Student-athletes return to campus on Thursday, August 12. New students arrive Wednesday, August 18, and all other students register on Saturday, August 21. The first day of college classes begins Monday, August 23, while seminary classes begin Wednesday, August 25. A complete list of schedules and additional information for Orientation can be found here.
FBBC&TS continues to monitor the effects of COVID-19 and will approach the 2021-22 academic year with a three-tiered strategy based on the number of confirmed cases on campus. Here are the essential highlights of the plan the college will begin with:
- Classes will meet in person. Virtual classes will be available to students who are ill.
- Vaccines are not required of students, staff, or faculty.
- Face coverings will be welcomed but not required.
- College students must remain on campus for Sunday and Wednesday evening services from August 11 through August 25. The college will provide chapel services to students during these dates. Regular church attendance will begin on August 29. Due to the recent rise in cases across the nation, the college is taking a cautious approach to the well-being of local churches with this decision.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be available, and Plexiglass barriers will continue to be utilized in some areas of campus.
- All visitors will have their temperature checked and complete a health screening upon arrival.
- Students who are exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or who have been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case within 14 days, must contact the school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 515-210-8363) before arriving on campus.
- Additional information regarding COVID-19 guidelines in application to dorm life, academics, the dining hall, and athletics will be shared with students as circumstances change.
The 2021-22 academic year marks a historic time for Faith Baptist Bible College as it turns 100 years old on September 28, 2021. The school plans a special celebration on Friday, October 8 (Homecoming Weekend), and is looking forward to the return of many alumni and friends. More information regarding the Celebration of the Century can be found here.