Dean of Students
FBBC&TS is seeking to employ a qualified individual for the position of Dean of Students. The Dean of Students will supervise all students and contribute to their spiritual, social, and academic development so that their attitudes and actions will honor Christ and uphold the objectives of Faith Baptist Bible College. This posting will remain open until February 6, 2021.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise the personnel, budget, and operations of the Student Life Department.
- Report to the Student Life Committee of the Board of Directors at each meeting.
- Oversee all student discipleship, counseling, and discipline.
- Oversee campus life and activities.
- Oversee student leadership.
- Oversee student housing.
- Update Student Handbook and help students understand and follow policies.
- Oversee campus security.
- Participate in various committees for school improvement and accreditation purposes.
Dean of Students
January 12, 2021
Convictions and Character/Religious Qualifications
FBBC&TS seeks to maintain its theological and ecclesiastical identity as a fundamental Baptist institution of higher education. Therefore, we seek only to employ faculty whose beliefs, lifestyle, and convictions align with FBBC&TS’s religious positions. As such, all applicants must meet the following expectations:
- Applicants must agree without mental reservation with FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Applicants must be fundamental Baptists in their beliefs and practice.
- Applicants must adhere to biblical standards of morality and living.
- Applicants and/or their spouses must not be or ever have been divorced.
- Carefully read the FBBC&TS’s foundational documents.
- Complete and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your resume and/or curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
- A 4-year college degree is desired, preferably in some category of Biblical Studies. A Master’s degree in communications, counseling, theology, or ministry is preferred.
- Previous experience and/or training in department and personnel management are preferred.
- Previous experience and/or training in Biblical counseling is preferred.
- Previous pastoral experience would be very helpful for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to manage and supervise people effectively.
- An ability to maintain and review a budget and department operations.
- A strong knowledge of God’s Word and skill in counseling and discipleship.
- A love for God, a fervent relationship with Him, and love for people.
- An ability to communicate well with people in various settings from one-on-one to large groups of people.
- A high degree of independent decision-making skills and initiative.
- Strong organizational skills for event planning, activities, calendars, training, etc.
- An ability to relate to all sorts of people, especially college students, from a variety of backgrounds.