Fall Scholarship Weekend
Registration Opens: August 2022
(Register by October 30 for a discounted rate.)
$30 if registered by October 30
$50 after October
November 10 - 11, 2022
November 6, 2022
Why come to Scholarship Weekend?
Faith’s fall Scholarship Weekend is an exclusive opportunity for high school seniors and transfer students, who have applied to Faith for the fall of 2023, to visit campus and interview for thousands of dollars in institutional scholarships. When you attend Scholarship Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Visit classes and chapel.
- Interview for scholarships.
- Participate in an Academic Degree Overview.
- Meet with coaches.
- Attend a Financial Aid Seminar.
- Apply for scholarships exclusively for Scholarship Weekend participants.
- Get to know future professors and classmates!
If I haven’t made my college decision yet, should I still attend Scholarship Weekend?
Absolutely! If you’re still deciding where to attend college next year, Scholarship Weekend is an ideal time for you to visit campus. We encourage you to use the weekend to get to know Faith — to meet our leadership and students, to experience campus life, to consider scholarships and finances, and to really catch the heart of Faith.
You are eligible to attend if you:
- Are a high school senior in the 2022–23 school year or a transfer student
- Plan to enroll as a full-time college student in fall of 2023.
- Have completed your college application. Submit your application here.
- Register for Scholarship Weekend. (Registration closes November 6, 2022)
We encourage parents to join us for the weekend, but students are also welcome to attend alone. Informative sessions on Friday will focus on college finances and will be beneficial to both students and parents.
Applicants will be awarded financial aid once they have completed the following scholarship process:
- Interview for scholarships
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to Faith
- Complete your FAFSA at studentaid.gov using Faith’s school code 007121
You do not need to have completed your ACT/SAT or your FAFSA in order to attend the weekend. However, it is required in order to be awarded a scholarship package.
For more details on the scholarship process and the types of aid available, visit our financial aid page.
Interviews are designed to learn more about the student’s plans as he feels God may be leading him as well as his academic achievements, leadership opportunities, church involvement, and personal spiritual growth. Interviews are also an opportunity for the student to share why they want to attend Faith.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend Scholarship Weekend with their student as this is an ideal time for parents to get to know Faith as well. Parents are welcome to attend classes, chapel, meals, and activities with their student.
What to bring
- Business casual clothing for class, chapel, and interviews
- Casual clothes for Thursday evening and free time
- Athletic gear if participating in any open gyms
- Bible, notepad, and pen for classes and chapel
- Optional spending money for coffee shop & bookstore
In an effort to protect the health of our students and guests, we are unable to host guests overnight in our dorms. Housing options for this fall’s event include:
- On-campus guest apartments: These fully-furnished apartments are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Cost: $60/night. For reservations, contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-422-5688.
- Hotels: Check out area hotels offering our guests discounted rates.
- Sleep Inn and Suites, Ankeny, $85 Standard Room (two queens or one king); $95 King Suite. Book here or call (515) 964-5909
- Comfort Inn, Ankeny, $90 for a King/Double Queen Room. Book here or call (515) 965-8400 (Faith Shuttle Service offered*)
- Homewood Suites, Ankeny, $115 for a Studio Suite. Call (515) 963-0006
*A Faith shuttle will pick you up on Friday morning and drop you off Friday evening after the Fall Drama.
We ask that you evaluate your own health before coming to campus. In order to attend this event, please ensure the following:
- You do not have any Covid-related symptoms (cough, headache, new loss of taste/smell).
- You do not have a fever in excess of 100.4-degrees.
- You have not been diagnosed with or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid in the previous 14 days.
Thursday, November 10
7:00–7:45 PM │ Arrival and check-in
7:45–8:00 PM │ Welcome session
8:30–9:15 PM │ Eat-n-Greet with our student leaders
9:15 PM │ Dismiss for the evening
Friday, November 11
8:00–11:50 AM │ Visit classes
9:00– 9:50 AM │ Chapel
11:00–11:50 AM │ College Finances 101
1:15–1:45 PM │ Program overviews
2:00–2:45 PM │ Campus Tour #1
2:00–4:00 PM │ FAFSA & financial aid assistance available
2:00–5:00 PM │ Scholarship interviews
3:30–4:15 PM │ Campus Tour # 2
5:00 PM │ Dinner
Unable to attend our Fall Scholarship Weekend?
Join us for our Spring Scholarship Weekend on March 30-31, 2023. Contact our Guest Relations Coordinator, Kate Lundahl, at email@example.com or 515-422-5688 with any questions.
You are also invited to come for your own personal visit. We are so thankful for what God is doing here at Faith, and we would love for you to experience our campus by coming for a personalized visit. Take a tour of campus, hang out with our students, sit in on class and chapel, and meet faculty. Schedule your visit today!