Faith Adds Christian Camp Emphasis; First Courses to be Held at IRBC
Faith is excited to launch a new emphasis in Christian Camp ministry within the Local Church Discipleship Ministries Program. This emphasis, which consists of 13 credits, focuses on camping philosophy, programming, values, and methods. The Christian Camp emphasis includes four new classes, two of which will be taught at Iowa Regular Baptist Camp. (See a full list of courses and a complete program description on our web page).
If you are interested in Christian camp ministry, the first two classes are December 12-16, 2022, and will be taught on the campgrounds at Iowa Regular Baptist Camp at 1600 E Lake Street, Ventura, Iowa. You do not have to be a full-time student to take these courses. You may take them as a non-degree seeking student or as an audit student.
If you are interested in becoming better prepared to serve at Christian camps, here are the steps to apply:
- Fill out an application to Faith.
- Enroll in Foundations of Christian Camping and/or Foundations of Camp Programming.
- Check your student account in Populi for textbook information.
- Arrive for class by 8 a.m., at Iowa Regular Baptist Camp, on December 12-14. Students may arrive Sunday night, December 11, but it must be arranged beforehand. The first class begins at 8 a.m., December 12.
Application: Students already accepted and enrolled at Faith may register for these classes under the Spring 2023 semester. If you are not already an accepted student at FBBC, you may contact the FBBC Admissions Department to learn what application you would need to complete to enroll.
- Do I have to be a full-time college student to take these courses? No. You may take these courses as a non-degree seeking student or as an audit student. Please call in to our admissions department to find out what would be best for you!
- Do I have to take both of the classes to spend the week at IRBC? No. You may enroll in one or both of the classes.
- What will the schedule look like? The morning class will be from 8 a.m. until noon. The afternoon class will run from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. We look forward to seasonally appropriate activities in the evenings and fellowship time with the students, camp staff, and faculty.
- What is the cost?
- If you are currently enrolled at Faith in the 14-18 credit window (Spring 2023 semester), you will not pay more tuition if you remain in 14-18 credit window. You are able to audit these classes without credit for a lower rate. All others may contact Nancy Ellis at email@example.com for questions regarding how tuition will be billed for you.
- There is an additional fee of $250 for housing and food at Iowa Regular Baptist Camp for the week.
If you have questions about these courses and/or are interested, please call in to our admissions department at 888-324-8448 or email Charlie Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.